Sunday, August 5, 2012

Whole Class Running Record Recording Form

As my mind gets back into the swing of all things school, I have been recreating documents and trying to find ways to get better at documenting student data.    This one is a form that collects class data on one page so I can see my student's scores at a glance.  I hope it is helpful to someone else as well.
Just a snapshot of the document
Click here for my Running Record Recording Form.

How often do I take a Running Record?
(Taken from ReadingA-Z.com)

Running records are taken most often at the earlier stages of reading. Students who are not progressing at the expected rate should be assessed even more frequently than the schedule suggested below. 
  • Early Emergent readers (Levels AA–C): every 2 to 4 weeks
  • Emergent readers (Levels D–J): every 4 to 6 weeks
  • Early fluent readers (Levels K–P): every 6 to 8 weeks
  • Fluent readers (Levels Q–Z): every 8 to 10 weeks

Calculating Accuracy Rate

Accuracy rate is expressed as a percentage. You can calculate the accuracy rate using the following formula:

(Total words read – Total errors) / Total words read x 100 = Accuracy rate



Independent = 95 – 100%
Instructional = 90 – 94%
Frustration = 89% and below

No comments:

Post a Comment