Sunday, July 22, 2012

Objective Picture Frames

It is helpful to adults and students alike to have the objectives for the day posted.  When students know what is clearly expected of them, they can achieve higher levels of success.  As a result, I was posting daily objectives on my whiteboard.  I was tired of the objectives taking up so much of this precious space and came across this idea on Pinterest. Needless to say, I was elated!  I don't have much wall space either but these will fit nicely alongside my whiteboard rather than on it.

I found $30 picture frames on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $3 a piece. Since they were meant to be a completed piece, I had to dismantle them before I could begin on my project.  Because the backs don't really matter, it wasn't a big deal- I just tore off the paper backing, took off the Styrofoam piece, and pulled out the dozens of industrial staples.  Once that was done, I was ready to begin.
I took my frames outside and, at the insistence of my husband, spray painted them on a box instead of the grass.   For some reason, he doesn't like when I do that :)  With the 102 degree heat and no shade in sight, this process went fairly quickly.  I just used a left over can of metallic spray paint that I had from a previous classroom project.  After letting them sit and dry for a while, I brought them into the house and started the next part.
Sorry for the blurry picture!
I bought clearance scrapbook paper, also from Hobby Lobby, to fit my classroom decor.  I printed subject labels and used rubber cement to tack them onto the paper.  I reinserted the glass, now clean and free of the ever annoying sticky residue, and backed it with the 'art' that was in there previously.  Since the back doesn't matter, I just used grey tape to hold everything in.  This will also make it easy to take apart should I choose to repaint or redo the insides.  Now it is ready to be written on by dry erase markers and will look much better than my previously cluttered whiteboard. Yay!  

No comments:

Post a Comment