Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer Happenings

Many people have commented over the years, "You should start a blog! You are so creative!" and I have just never had the gumption to do so.  This has been one of the first summers that I haven't been working the entire summer so I thought now would be a fun time to explore and follow through on my, "Yeah, maybe someday!" response to blogging. 

As every teacher knows, it is very difficult to turn off the teacher within us; summers included.  I have spent my summer thinking ahead and getting excited for the upcoming school year.  We got new carpet at our school over the summer so we had to completely pack our rooms so that everything could be moved out.  With this de-cluttering experience, I thought it would be a good time to change the decor and color scheme to my classroom.  I can't wait until we are allowed back in (yes, they took our keys!) to unpack and then I can begin to decorate my new space.  Since I am an outdoorsy person, I picked very earthy tones that will also provide an environment that has a calming feeling. 

Here is a picture of all of the different fabrics that I will use in my room.  I will be using the bolt of chocolate brown fabric as all of my bulletin boards with a ribbon border that matches the other fabric colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment